DIY, Homemade Mosquito Trap that WORKS!
Here in Wisconsin the mosquito’s have awoken!
Here is a way to help redirect them…
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. Do not mix, Let the yeast just float on top. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together with duct tape.
5. Optional, wrap the bottle with something black. Then, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black / dark colors.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.